Womens Sevens: Caslick back for Langford challenge
Superstar Charlotte Caslick has been named in the Australian Women’s Sevens squad for round four of the HSBC World series in Langford, Canada next weekend.
Caslick was forced to miss round three in Kitakyushu, Japan, after suffering a concussion in the Commonwealth Games Gold Medal Final against New Zealand. But she makes her comeback in a tournament where maximum points would put the Australian team in pole position for a second World Series title.
They currently lead New Zealand by just six points with just two events remaining, the first in Langford to be played between May13th-15th, and the final round in Paris next month.
Caslick is one of just two changes made by interim head coach John Manenti, with Alicia Quirk (knee) and Cassie Staples rested.
1. Shannon Parry (c), 26 caps, QLD and Griffith University
2. Yasmin Meakes*, 1 cap, ACT and University of Canberra
3. Demi Hayes, 5 caps, QLD and Griffith University
4. Dominique Du Toit, 8 caps, QLD and Macquarie University
5. Emma Tonegato, 20 caps, NSW and University of Adelaide
6. Evania Pelite, 16 caps, QLD and University of Adelaide
7. Charlotte Caslick, 24 caps, QLD and Bond University
8. Page McGregor, 1 cap, NSW and Macquarie University
9. Emma Sykes, 8 caps, QLD and University of Queensland
10. Lauren Brown, 1 cap, QLD and Griffith University
11. Emilee Cherry, 27 caps, QLD and University of Queensland
12. Georgina Friedrichs, 9 caps, QLD and University of Tasmania
13th. Lillian Dick*, QLD and University of Queensland
*Uncapped on HSBC Sevens World Series